Site updates

I had to google that since I’ve never heard that term before. Now I know where you got the idea for some of your stories (one in particular) from :slight_smile:

Wait, you are Mark Kwestin’s alter ego, aren’t you?

What’s funny to me is that I’m not really even a huge fan of that first Chronivac story. It’s hard to find and even then, not really my thing.

I actually wrote the first story using that device (Computer Generated) thinking of MasterPC. I’ve read way more MPC stories than I have Chronivac. I mentioned that because the Chronivac has been used in way more gay stories, and because numerous writers on Tumblr have used it.

I had to google Mark Kwestin after reading your comment, because I had no idea who you were talking about :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the MasterPC stories and always wished that there were more gay ones. Hehe

Thanks again Martin. The comments section works great on iPhone again!

1 Like

2018-11-11

• Added new “Stories” item in main menu
  • Added new “Stories needing attention” menu item - showing all stories which lack a category or sufficient tags
  • Added badges to stories which lack a category or tags
  • Redesigned the story display to make it more obvious how to add a category or tags
  • Added new “Recommended Sites” menu item

As the guest “Joel” pointed out recently, there are lot of hidden treasures, mainly from the NCMC days, which lack a category and tags. This makes it hard to find them in the search.

So I’ve started a campaign to give those stories their proper tags and categories.

For this goal, I’ve added a new menu item called “Stories needing attention” (let me know if you come up with a better name for that menu). This item will list all stories which lack a category or have less than three tags associated with them.

So I’d like this to be combined effort of all the users of GaySpiralStories! I’d ask you to go through these stories, read them and add the proper category and tags. Every person can do that (once a category has been set, it can no longer be changed, however, only by its author).

Also, since I’ve been asked to, I’ve added a “Recommended Sites” menu, too, If you have any suggestions what should be in there, please let me know, too.

2 Likes

For the “Stories needing attention”, what should we do if a story doesn’t seem to be hypnosis/MC at all? I came across one the other day that fit that description, or seemed to…I’ll want to double-check, and left it uncategorized since it didn’t fit anything.

Hm, good question. I only added “Discussion” as a category the other day, because there are a few “stories” which are actually bringing up a point to be discussed in the community.

I could also add a “no mind-control” category or something like that.

However, I’ve recently denied a story because it lacked any mind-control facet. The author never replied back, even though I tried to be very nice and offered him to publish the story I he made a few adjustments. As a matter of fact he had posted a number of stories already, which were all not really using any mind-control theme. I’m afraid I might have turned him away from GSS now, though.

I wonder, what’s your opinion on that? Should I be more relenting in this regard?

I was also thinking about offering other domains using the same software but with a different theme. It looked like a shame not using the software on a broader scheme. I’m not sure if Hugh would be happy with that, though…

Any opinion?

My personal opinion is that you should turn such stories down, or delete them for the case of older ones (perhaps after a review to make sure they’re not mis-reported). Otherwise, you can end up with the situation of “watering down” the site’s theme. For the older ones, you can also archive them as a downloadable file somewhere, or perhaps have a different area of the site for older non-hypno/MC submissions, just to ensure that if this is the only copy of the story in existence, nothing is lost.

In the case of new submissions, while I’d certainly turn them down for this site, suggesting other places to post stories is probably a good approach so that people feel more like they’re being guided rather than rejected. And if you do decide to offer other domains, that’s a great way to cross-promote them.

2 Likes

Well, thank you for your opinion which is actually pretty much along my own thoughts.

Please link any story in here which you deem to be not suitable for the site (for any kind of reason), and I’ll check it out. That would be very much appreciated!

I’ll start a new thread for them so it won’t pollute this thread, people can comment if they see something others didn’t, and they’ll know where to add anything they find.

I definetly see the point on denying be stories bit I am of the camp of letting those which were accepted being allowed to stay.

If nothing else, you can always create a category for it and we can decide what to do with them later on. Perhaps, if you get several sites running, they’ll fit in on one of the new sites and they can be moved at that time.

@Corin I’d be ok with you using the software for other sites. I can’t remember if I put a license in there, but we can put one in if you want. I consider it open source and am happy for you to use it however.

I would suggest that creating another site will eat up even more of your time tho, and don’t recommend it :slight_smile: You need more time for games and writing lol

Was just wondering what happened to the site. I get an error when clicking on it.

1 Like

I got the 504 Gateway Timeout error earlier as well, but everything seems fine now.

I don’t know why or how, but the site went silent without sending any warning (I’ve set it up to send exceptions and errors by email). This morning, after getting out of bed, I read about the problem and started the site up again.

Sorry for the outage. Do you know around what time it stopped responding?

@Heru_Kane got to it before I did, but I checked maybe a little after 4:00pm EST (9:00pm UTC).

Is there a way to see old selections for top rated stories?

Not yet :slight_smile:

But I’m glad you asked. Otherwise I would have thought, that no one is interested in this.

You might have noticed that there’s a “Top stories” menu entry (in “Stories”) which is yet disabled. That’s where this feature is going to appear at some point. So please stay tuned!

1 Like

I’m definitely interested! I’ll be keeping an eye out for when you release it. Thanks!