Since the size limit of the first thread has been reached, I’ll continue the listing of the changes of the site in this thread.
Comments, requests and bug reports can be posted in this thread or in a separate thread.
- Removed Patreon from the site
- Fixed serious bug which could swallow a submitted story text if there was some other field wasn’t properly filled. Now the text will show up again as submitted in that case.
- Minimum number of tags raised to 4, one of the tags “1st”, “2nd” or “3rd person” now mandatory.
- Story submission page does almost all checks client side now, i.e. the user gets feedback if something is missing even before the page is submitted.
- Bugfix in handling story edit revisions (the Base version got updated even though it wasn’t supposed to).
- Many optimizations for memory footprint and caching
- Honor browser or OS setting to reduce animation (pulsing disabled if accessibility setting to disable animations is set).
- “List of favorite stories” (from a user’s profile or the user’s own list) now lists series with at least one story marked favorite, instead of listing the stories themselves
- “Favourite” renamed to “Favorite” throughout the site
- Favorite stories are now marked with a symbol in all lists
- Rating markers (medals) and bookmark markers fetched asynchronously
- Word counter now reflects the currently displayed revision
- Reorganized code and other changes to improve performance
- “Statistics” and “Admin panel” separated
- “Active filter” message pop up reduced to once a week
- “Safe mode” message pop up reduced to once every 3rd day
- Updated to GORM 7.0.3
- Various Bugfixes (for hidden authors and other stuff)
- Story Challenges now have the option to “hide authors”. Using that, all authors are hidden, until the final standings are available and shown.
- Also, when this mode is active, each author can only submit a single story.
- On the profile page, panels set to “private” don’t show up at all anymore.
- Stories you’ve already rated are now marked with a blue checkmark (only when logged in!).
- Added Amazon as an external link on the profile page.
- Redesign of the home page story list. For series, the latest story entry is now listed completely with summary and title, additionally to the series data.
- All story listings now include the word count
- On all places where single stories are listed, the series it belongs to is now also shown.
- Direct links from third party sites (Discord, Facebook, Twitter etc.) to GSS’ stories and the personal user pages now include the author’s avatar picture.
- The pulsing of the buttons for “Top Stories” and “Random stories” has been removed. An update of those contents is now shown using the usual green star.
- In the User Profiles, most of the lists (top rated, most favorite etc.) now show the series, not the stories. This way, repeated listings of stories of the same series are avoided.
- The list of bookmarked stories is now sorted by date of the bookmark (latest on top) by default.
- The author name can now be changed directly on the user profile page (click the name)
- Removed ‘Google Analytics’ (was used to collect usage statistics)
- The site is now protected against attacks using CloudFlare
- “Overall” ranking in the author’s ratings panel was showing wrong numbers.
- For community series, the actual author of a chapter is now properly shown.
- Menu bar is no longer obscuring the title of pop up modal dialogs on mobile devices.
- Improved caching