GaySpiralStories is back alive!

I understand your point of view. I think it’s a necessary sacrifice. Otherwise it would be too easy for a casual user to just remove the safe mode by curiosity, then see a story that he doesn’t like and stamp it with “pedo!” comments.

1 Like

Hmm for some reason I’m unable to get back to the site, even by clicking the link. Also not sure if I have been able to log in? I wasn’t able to log in or comment throughout all of the time up until now. Hoping to get back soon!

If you can’t access the main site because your browser keeps sending you to the forum, try to click the comment button (the speach bubble at the top). That seems to work for most users.

Hello, I am glad that the site is back online. Everything works but one thing. If I try the point: All Stories I am landing here in the forum. Is there a way to avoid this?

Are you using Safari? Then try to clear the cache like this:

Thanks, I cleared my cache and it worked.

2 Likes

You know, I’ve been visiting this site since it was NCMC. I regularly visit CYOC and metabods. I’ve probably been reading these stories for close to 20 years now. Never in those twenty years have I ever really examined the ethical implications of what I was reading and jerking off to.

That is, until the site was shut down a few days ago. Reading through the comments, I was seeing a lot of people talk about how we are reading these stories that not only feature rape, but glorify it. It was a tough thing to read, because it now has me evaluating my own personal convictions.

I haven’t quite made my mind up about it. I’m still thinking about it, but I don’t know if I’m going to continue to read.

Just thought I’d throw my two cents in.

2 Likes

For me, it’s very erotic to fantasize about being controlled or getting turned into some sex maniac.

I’m not embarrassed about this. It’s just something that turns me on, just as men with a certain body type do. Why I am wired like this - I have no clue. But I didn’t choose it, and I can’t be embarrassed or ashamed for something I didn’t have any saying in.

1 Like

This is going to sound simplistic, but just don’t do in real life any of the things you read about here. I don’t think the stories glorify anything: they don’t make you think that those things are less bad in real life, because they’re purely written as fantasy. Just as playing ultra-violent video games does not glorify violence and incite people to be violent. I personally would never be able to do the things I write about in my stories if they could actually be done. I have too much empathy. But this empathy can be a burden, and fantasizing about not having it can be a real relief. In this excellent story: 'I Love Him, But... pt 2' by EdIam - Gay Spiral Stories the controller uses mind control to erase his own conscience so as to be able to do without guilt the things he’d like to do.

Fantasy is not reality. Just writing about a subject doesn’t mean we endorse it in real life or incite people to act that way.

2 Likes

Hi! Thanks for coming back!!The thing is I´m trying to find some of my fav stories but I cant find them. I Dont know if t has some thing to do with the new filter, but Im not able to find the way to remove it…
Thanks in advace

I’ve just pushed an update to the site. If the Safe Mode is active, you’ll get a notification after 10 seconds.

This posting explains how to disable the Safe Mode:

@Corin thank you for all the work you’ve put into this site over the years. It’s one of the few sites I always have an open tab on.

2 Likes

This site is unrelated to the NCMC.

On the contrary, this site used to be the NCMC (a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…okay, maybe not so much on the last bit).

It’s actually a bit more complicated than that, but I can’t remember the full details. With a bit of help from the Internet, I’ve put together a rough outline of what happened, but by no means is this guaranteed to be 100% accurate. Anyone with a better memory of events than mine: please correct anything I get wrong here!

NCMC was originally its own site, I believe, but I wasn’t able to find any notable details about it. At some point, it moved to being hosted by another site called EroticGayHypnosis.com, though the two were still run separately by different people. I’m a little unclear on the details, but I believe EGH stopped being maintained after a while, although they still kept hosting NCMC. Then, the owner of NCMC decided to shut it down. Tom, the owner of EGH, wanted to move to a new site, called WebFactional. I think maybe the site actually did move there for a while, but I’m not really sure what happened there.

Eventually, Hugh Michelsen took over the collection and allowed people to begin submitting their own stories again. He, in turn, decided to give up the site, though I don’t remember the exact reason. Too much work and not enough time, maybe? He’s still around these forums, so maybe he’ll chime in.

Anyway, for whatever reason he decided to step away, he went looking for someone else to take the site over. That’s when it got transferred to Martin and became the GaySpiralStories.com that it is now.

1 Like

There’s a thread here in the forum where the history of the site has been discussed:

1 Like

Hugh got tired of trying to come up with a mythical age limit for characters that everyone would be happy with, and discussing it endlessly with authors posting their stories with clear violations of the rules, and with readers calling him out for censoring stories, and being worried about possible legal action against him triggered by the fact that he was discussing said topic over and over again, a worry compounded by the fact that everyone kept having to talk about it and were unconcerned about Hugh’s feelings about it.

As happened in the last few days with Martin, I had so many supportive people chime in too (my Patreon supporters were awesome, along with many people that were always positive).

The thing was, after being stressed and irritated by all of that for a week at one point, my partner said: “Why are you doing this? Why take on any legal risk and what are you getting out of it to even worry about it?” I didn’t have a good answer to those questions, so I started shopping around for someone else to take over. Martin offered to take over and has been doing an amazing job ever since.

My one suggestion to everyone: heap on the praise for Martin. He’s worked his ass off for hours and hours and hours for free so that you have a place to read this shit. There isn’t anywhere else that caters to these particular kinks exactly like this, and there won’t likely be anywhere else, ever. People with our interests are rare; there aren’t enough of us to support making a living from writing and there won’t be more sites like this unless we are willing to pay. Anyone who wants to guess how many people are willing to pay can look at the support the GSS Patreon has. Yes, it has enough to cover the hosting costs each month, but that’s all. It doesn’t cover Martin’s time which is very expensive if he were to charge.

Thank him repeatedly, and especially before, during and after you criticize any of his decisions or call him out or add to his list of things to worry about. He’s done an amazing job and I’m glad and thankful he’s doing it.

5 Likes

Martin! I’m so sorry you had to go through all this. I really am. It’s so nice, though, that you found the patience and the energy in you to stop everything and start a debate. To me, It felt like one of those childhood moments where parents are fed up of their kids causing a long ruckus and so they send them somewhere deprived of amusement until they make amends and find a solution to the problem.

Thanks for stopping, listening and coming up with a good solution. I think this ‘safe mode’ will work wonders!

Also thanks for all the hard work you’ve been up to ever since you took the reigns of this site! :smiley:

2 Likes

I was really out of the loop there, got some info from Robin, but I gotta say, I’m endlessly happy you decided to stay and bring the site back up. I’m endlessly happy, @Corin, that you put so much time and effort into making our wonderful, evil, perverse smut so easy to publish and share with like-minded folks. Reading up on everything that happened, I can honestly say, in your shoes, I probably would have done the same thing. Just know, I’m def in your corner 100%. <3

5 Likes

Thanks for keeping the site going Martin, you’re a saviour!

2 Likes